Monday, December 29, 2014

7 months later...

    JOY: Definition - A feeling of great pleasure and happiness.

      Here we are at the end of August.  I have to be honest with you; I have struggled with my word.  Of course I have had many moments of joy, too many to count.  It has always been around weaving itself in and out of moments.  The struggle I have with Joy is the happiness part.

      I know what you are thinking; that joy is happiness.  Not necessarily.  I believe that joy is always present but the pieces all have to fit together like a puzzle to get to it.  For example, there is joy in being physically fit but the 'getting there' is hard and mostly not a joyous experience.  Another example, at least for me, is the joy that comes from a clean home.  The act of cleaning can sometimes be pretty daunting when you live with 5 other people and 4 house pets. In other words, there is no joy in scooping litter boxes.

     What I have come to realize so far is the key to achieving joy is in the journey.  Finding balance with being content in the here and now while striving to achieve goals and overcome challenges.

(For some reason I was side-tracked and never hit publish on this entry.)


No comments:

Post a Comment